EXHAUST SYSTEM GUARANTEE
General Statement of Guarantee
Longlife Exhausts guarantees your Longlife stainless steel exhaust system in respect of manufacturing defects, for the period for which you remain the registered keeper of the vehicle subject to the terms, conditions and limitations set out below. Your statutory rights are not affected by this guarantee.
It is a requirement of this guarantee that the vehicle is maintained in a roadworthy condition. Your Longlife exhaust system requires no special maintenance, and provided that you maintain your vehicle in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, will give you a lifetime of trouble free service.
Claims under Guarantee
In the unlikely event of experiencing a defect in your Longlife exhaust system, we will repair (or replace at our option) any defective part. The vehicle must be returned (STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT) to the depot where the system was built. If you experience any poor fabrication, build issue or weld failure on your Longlife exhaust system, the vehicle must be returned (STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT) to the depot where the system was built and paid for.
If this is not practical it may be necessary for warranty work to be carried out at Longlife’s Head Office in Bridport.
In order to make a claim you will be required to produce both the original invoice and the registration document for the vehicle.
If physical or contamination damage to the system is evident you may also be asked to provide proof of vehicle routine maintenance and a current MOT certificate.
Items excluded from Lifetime Guarantee
- Mechanical items, including flexible couplings and knuckle joints are covered for a period of 12 months from the date of installation.
- Catalytic converters and Diesel Particulate Filters (“DPFs”) are covered for a period of 12 months from the date of installation.
- Manifolds & Front pipes are covered for a period of 12 months from the date of installation.
- Rubber mountings are covered for a period of 12 months from the date of installation.
- Repairs or modifications to exhaust components or systems not made by ourselves are not guaranteed.
- Any other items specifically noted as excluded on the original purchase invoice.
Conditions and Limitations of Guarantees
- Repairs made by any third party will invalidate the guarantee.
- This guarantee does not cover any form of consequential loss or damage howsoever caused.
- This guarantee does not cover:
- Surface discoloration or corrosion other than corrosion that results in leakage.
- Damage caused to any part of the exhaust system as a direct or indirect result of worn engine mountings or excessive vibration.
- Damage caused by physical impact of any kind, including impact with speed restriction bumps.
- Damage caused as a result of the failure of a rubber mounting hanger is excluded from the guarantee, unless such failure occurs within a period of 12 months from the date of installation, and has not occurred as a result of impact or negligence.
- Damage caused as a result of serious engine wear resulting in fuel or oil contamination to silencer materials.
- Vehicles used in any sort of competitions, racing, track days or RWYB events.
- Alterations or modifications carried out to the system by any third party